get Your Poetry on the T: December style!
We are excited to announce that our December 2015 run of Poetry on the T will be chosen through open submissions. Three poems will be chosen from submissions by Massachusetts residents and Massachusetts middle or high school students. Our Poetry Partners will vote to help us narrow down the entries and the public will cast the final votes to choose the winners. Voting will be blind. The top poem in each category will win a spot on the T, as will the second place poem with the most votes, regardless of which category it is in.
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. Stay tuned for voting!
- Poems in our Poetry on the T program must be suitable for the varied audience on the T. Ideally these poems have the ability to make us feel more connected, make us smile, make us take notice--not just of the poem, but of ourselves, of the world, and of each other.
- Poems can be published or unpublished; if published, you must secure reprint permissions for us before submitting and include the credit line in your document.
- 20 lines max per poem, including stanza breaks and blank lines.
- Word doc/docx submissions strongly preferred. PDFs okay. Poems submitted as images will not be considered.
- The poet's name should not appear in the document.
- Current employees and interns of Mass Poetry and winners of our spring contest are not eligible.
Submission period: August 18-September 28, 2015 at noon